CONSTITUTION OF AIR & DOORDARSHAN ENGINEERS’ ASSOCIATION (Updated with all amendments carried out up-to 08.06.2012)
MEMORANDUM (Incorporated under Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860)
- The original name of the Society was the „AIR ENGINEERS‟ ASSOCIATION‟ but after the creation of Doordarshan its name has been changed to „AIR & DOORDARSHAN ENGINEERS‟ ASSOCIAION‟.
- The Central Office of the Association will be situated in the State of Delhi or such other place as may be determined by the Central Working Committee of the Association provided, however, that the number of members at the place where the Central Office of the Association is proposed to be situated is not below twenty.
III. The objective for which the Association is established are:-
1) To promote and encourage diffusion of knowledge of the Science of Radio & TV Engineering in its various branches.
2) To provide a forum for discussion and exchange of useful knowledge in order to maintain and improve the condition, status and interest of the members of the Association.
3) To promote instruction of ideas of efficiency, Co-operation, a sense of responsibility and selfrespect amongst the members of the Association.
4) To promote instruction of ideas of mutual understanding and friendly feelings and unity among the members of the Association and to work for the propagation and representation of the views of the Association on any matters affecting or likely to affect the members of the Association.
5) To provide for the welfare of the members of the Association or their dependents by promoting benevolent activities.
6) To organize cultural activities and promote social contacts among the members of the Association.
7) To arrange for the publication of official bulletins, news sheets or journals and to arrange lectures as may be deemed desirable for the advancement of the cause of the members of the Association and of Broadcast Engineering and to organize exhibitions.
8) To purchase or acquire on lease, or in exchange, or on hire or otherwise, any real or personal property and any rights or privileges necessary or convenient for the purpose of the society.
9) To borrow money from members and others on such terms and conditions as may be laid by the Central Working Committee.
10) To carry on all other activities necessary for implementing the above programme i.e. collection and spending of funds, purchase and sale of movable or immovable property.
11) To pay out of the funds of the Association the costs, charges and expenses, preliminary and incidental to the formation, establishment and registration of the Association.
12) To do all such other lawful things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objectives or any of them.
- The income and property of the Association wheresoever derived shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the objectives of the Association as set forth in this Memorandum of Association and no portion thereof shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly, by way of dividends, bonus or otherwise whatsoever by any of profits to the members of the Association, providing that nothing herein shall prevent the payment of salary or remuneration in good faith, to any officers or servants of the Association or other persons in return for any services actually rendered to the Association or servants of the Association or other persons in return for any services actually rendered to the Association.
- A Certified copy of the rules and regulations of the Association is attached herewith. RULES & REGULATIONS OF AIR & DOORDARSHAN ENGINEERS’ ASSOCIATION Preliminary Membership
1) Subject to those present the provisions of the Societies Registrations Act XXI of 1860 shall apply without any changes.
2) The objectives of the Society are as set out in its Memorandum of Association and may be altered, extended or abridged by the Central Committee in accordance with the provisions contained to that affect in clause 12 of the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
3) The Membership of the Association shall be open to all Indian Broadcasting (Engineers) Service (IB(E)S) Officers, of the All India Radio & Doordarshan.
4) Any person qualified to be an ordinary member of the Association shall apply in writing to the General Secretary of the Association in Appendix A (Form No. 1) conveying his/her desire to become a member of the Association. Page 2 of 11 He/She shall also submit Letter of Authorization in duplicate in Appendix B (Form No. 2) to the General Secretary for payment of monthly/annual subscriptions @ Rs. 30/- (Rupees Thirty Only) per month to the Association, as per Clause 7. The General Secretary shall thereupon enter the name of such person in the register of the Association to allot a membership no. to the new member and upon such entry such person shall become a member, provided that it shall always be within the discretion of the General Secretary, with the approval of the Central Working Committee, to reject any application for membership. The General Secretary shall thereafter forward his/her letter of authorization (Form No. 2) to the DG AIR/Doordarshan for deduction of monthly/annual subscription from the salary of the new member.
5) A member shall cease to be so if:- a) When He/She is not a Life Member, He/She does not pay his/her annual subscription on or before 30th June, in the Financial Year ending 31st March, provided that it shall be within the discretion of the Central Committee to restore his/her membership on payment of such arrears and/or readmission fee as may be provided for in the bye-laws from time to time. b) He/She sends in his/her resignation in writing to the General Secretary of the Association. c) He/She acts against the interest of the Association and is held to have done so by a majority of votes of the Central Working Committee. d) He/She retires from the service in AIR/Doordarshan after the superannuation. e) All other cases not coming under above categories shall be decided by the General Body. Subscription and Dues
6) There shall be no admission fee for membership of the Associatio.
7) The Subscription shall be Rs. 30/- per month and shall be deducted annually from the salary of the member. Units
8) a) Each office of AIR & Doordarshan in a city will have a separate Unit, if the number of members exceeds 10 (ten). b) In case the membership for each office of AIR or Doordarshan located in the same city is less than ten, then the AIR & Doordarshan Offices will form a combined single Unit. 9) Two or more Units at any Centre may form into a branch subject to the approval of Central Working Committee.
10) Branches or in the absence of the Branches, the Units shall be affiliated to the Central Working Committee and the said Unit shall be governed by the Rules and Regulations contained in the present and such by-laws as may be framed by the Central Working Committee from time to time.
11) A Unit which has more than ten members shall elect an Additional Unit Representative for every ten members. The number of members so elected shall not exceed more than one for every additional ten members or part thereof exceeding three. Management
12) The Management of the Unit shall be vested in a Committee elected by Units Members. Unit Committee may comprise of Unit Secretary and Unit Representative(s). Their number shall be decided by the Central Working Committee (CWC), which shall duly communicate the said number, while conveying its consent to the formation of the Unit.
13) The Management of the Association shall be vested in an Executive Committee of Six duly elected Office Bearers, namely, President, Vice-President, General Secretary, Joint Secretary, Honorary Treasurer & Publicity Secretary. However, all policy decisions shall be taken by Central Working Committee comprising the above Executive Committee, Five Zonal Secretaries, Two Co-Opted members (as per Clause 31) and 20 elected members based upon proportionate strength of members in the cadres of ADE, DDE, DE and DDG/ADG/E-in-C.
14) The CWC shall guide the policy, supervise the interest and lay down the general principles of administration of the Association in accordance with the declared aims and objects of the Association.
15) CWC shall have the right to open New Units of the Association. CWC shall also have the right to appoint State level functionaries as it may deem fit.
16) CWC shall have the powers to recommend to the General Body, the suspension of the working of any Unit of the Association. Page 3 of 11
17) CWC shall have the power to recommend to the General Body the suspension from any Unit, of any Office Bearer of the Association.
18) CWC shall have the power to recommend to the General Body the suspension of any member of the Association.
19) CWC shall have the right to expel any member and such member shall have no claims on any subscriptions whatsoever paid by him/her to the Association, previous to his/her expulsion.
20) Executive Committee (EC) shall have the power to sanction any expenditure.
21) CWC shall delegate some or all their powers to the Executive Committee.
22) EC shall prepare appeals, memorandums etc.
23) EC shall refer controversial major issues to the members of the Association, through the Units/Website/Newsletter.
24) EC shall issue a journal as soon as conditions and funds permit. They shall issue newsletters of general interest to the members of the Association from time to time.
25) All expenses incurred by the EC members for meeting day to day requirements will need approval of the EC from time to time.
26) The tenure of the members of the Central Working Committee & Executive Committee shall be for a period of two years or till such time new members are elected in their place. This tenure could however be extended by a maximum period of three months only in emergent cases.
27) To have the proper functioning of these Committees the Units should ensure that they elect the Unit Secretaries & Unit Representatives so as to coincide with the election of the Office Bearers of the Executive Committee. Election of Office Bearers 28) On the recommendations of the EC, the President shall appoint an Election Officer, from amongst the Officers posted in Delhi, so as to conduct the elections of the Office Bearers, so that the whole process of elections is completed before the expiry of the term of the existing Body. 29) a) The EC Members, namely the President, Vice-President, General Secretary, Joint-Secretary, Honorary Treasurer and Publicity Secretary, will be elected for a term of two years, by direct voting, by eligible members, as specified later. b) In addition to above, Zonal Secretaries, one each for the five or more Zones based on number of AIR/Doordarshan Zonal Offices, will also be elected by direct voting.
30) a) For the post of Vice President, Joint Secretary, Honorary Treasurer & Publicity Secretary, only the eligible members from Delhi Units can contest the elections. b) For the post of President & General Secretary, all eligible members, posted anywhere in the Country, can contest the elections, but if a member from outside Delhi gets elected to the post of General Secretary, then he/she has to be prepared to get posted to any AIR or Doordarshan Office in Delhi. c) For the posts of Zonal Secretaries in each Zone, only those eligible members who are posted in the AIR or Doordarshan Offices in their respective cities of Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Mumbai & Guwahati (or any other Zone, formed in future) can contest elections. d) For the posts of Twenty (20) CWC members, the number of posts in the cadres of ADE, DDE, DE and DDG/ADG/E-in-C will be decided on the basis of the strength of total eligible members in each cadre on the proportionate basis. Any eligible member can contest for the CWC post of his cadre only. Nomination of Co-opted Members to the Executive Committee:-
31) In addition to the elected Office Bearers, there will be two Co-opted members in the Executive Committee. The Co-opted Members will be nominated by the President on the advice of the Executive Committee. While nominating these members, the main consideration will be for balancing the representation of AIR & Doordarshan members, in the Executive Committee. Page 4 of 11 Eligibility Conditions for Contesting & Voting in the elections:- 32) (a) Members, who have paid their subscriptions for at least One year, will be eligible to contest for the posts of the Office Bearers of the Association as notified. Any member who has paid his/her subscription for more than Three Months is eligible to vote in the election. (b) For the posts of Zonal Secretaries of each Zone, only the Members of respective Zone, who are eligible in 32 (a) above, will be eligible to vote and contest in the elections. (c) Only those members who have served AIR / Doordarshan for at least two years or more on the date of notification of the elections and are still in service in AIR / Doordarshan and have at least two years of service left on the date of filing of nominations, will be eligible to contest in the election, subject to satisfying all other conditions. (d) Members, who are retiring / have retired from service on or before 31st March of the Election Year, are not eligible to participate in the elections. (e) A member will be allowed to file the nomination for one post of Office Bearer only. (f) Those contesting the elections, have to deposit Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred Only) as Security Deposit, in cash or by bank draft (payable at Delhi), along with nomination form. The Security Deposit shall be forfeited for the candidates, for whom the total votes polled are less than ten per cent (10%) of the total votes cast & found valid. (g) The Proposer & Seconder filing the nomination form for elections are eligible to sign only for one candidate, for one post. The Nomination proposed and/or seconded for two or more contestants by same Proposer and/or Seconder, will become invalid. Procedure to be followed for conducting the elections:-
- a) The Election Officer will issue a notification for conducting the elections in accordance with our Constitution. This notification will be published in the Journal of the Association.
- b) Voters list duly authenticated by Hon. Treasurer & General Secretary shall be made available to Election Officer on the date of announcement of Elections.
- c) Complete list of Members in service shall be made available to Election Officer on a date which is thirty (30) calendar days before the last date of receipt of Ballot Papers by Members.
- d) Each Ballot Paper shall be signed in ink by the Election Officer.
- e) The names of contesting candidates shall be declared by the Election Officer only after the expiry date and time of filing of nominations.
- f) Names of contestants shall be printed on Ballot Paper in Alphabetical Order.
- g) The Envelope which is returned by the voter to the Election Officer with the Ballot Paper, after casting his/her vote, should not reveal the identity of the voter.
- h) The Election Officer will ensure that the elections are conducted smoothly. His decisions on conducting the elections will be final in all respects. Powers & Duties of President
34) The President if elected from Delhi will preside over all the CWC meetings. However, whether he is from Delhi or outside Delhi, he would preside over all General Body Meetings or Annual Meetings. 35) In extreme emergencies, the President after a two third majority voting in the General Body Meeting may dissolve the Executive Committee and order for the next election in accordance with the constitution. Page 5 of 11 Powers & Duties of Vice-President 36) The Vice-President will preside over the EC / CWC & General Body Meetings, in the absence of the President.
37) In the absence of both the President & Vice-President, the CWC may elect any member to preside over the meeting. Powers & Duties of General Secretary
38) a) The General Secretary shall be the Chief Executive of the Association and shall exercise such control and perform all such duties, as may be proper to his office and shall take all such actions as consistent with the aims and objectives of the Association.
- b) He /She shall perform his/her duties in consultation with & under supervision of the Executive Committee. Powers & Duties of Joint Secretary
39) a) The Joint Secretary will look after the work of the General Secretary in the absence of the General Secretary. b) He /She will prepare the annual budget estimates & submit them to the Central Committee by the end of March, every year. c) He shall preferably convene a monthly meeting of the Executive Committee & at least one meeting of the Central Working Committee in every quarter and shall record the minutes of the meetings. Powers & Duties of Honorary Treasurer
40) a) The Honorary Treasurer shall be in charge of the funds of the Association. b) He /She shall be responsible to the Executive Committee & shall prepare all the accounts.
41) He /She will jointly hold the Bank Account with General Secretary & the Joint Secretary. The account will be operated by him jointly with either the General Secretary or the Joint Secretary. Powers and Duties of the Publicity Secretary
42) The Publicity Secretary shall be responsible for the publicity of the activities of the Association from time to time, in consultation with General Secretary.
43) He /She will also be responsible to bring out a Newsletter preferably every month in collaboration with the General Secretary after getting it verified by President or in his absence by the Vice-President. Powers and Duties of the Zonal Secretaries 44) The Zonal Secretaries of the five regions will coordinate with the General Secretary in the Association activities.
45) He /She should ensure the fullest participation of the members from the respective zones by forwarding to the General Secretary, the resolutions adopted by the Units of his/her Zone.
46) The Zonal Secretary will be the Principal Executive of the Zone.
47) He /She will prepare budget estimates for the expenses for his Zone. Page 6 of 11 48) He /She will convene at least once in two years a general body meeting for the members of the Zone. The meeting will also be attended by the President / Vice-President and General Secretary of the Association. 49) He /She will have the powers to spend from the funds allotted to his Zone, subject to any bye-laws made from time to time. Functioning of Units 50) The Units shall elect at their general meeting once in two years a Unit Secretary & a Unit Representative to hold office for two years. The Bi-Annual meeting of a Unit shall be convened prior to the holding of the Conventions of the Association so that the name of the Unit Secretary elected at the meeting and the Additional Members from the Unit can be communicated to the Central Office within the stipulated time. Powers and Duties of the Unit Secretary 51) The Unit Secretary shall be the Principal Executive Officer of the Unit.
52) He/She shall perform his/her duties in consultation with the Unit Committee, comprising of the Unit Representatives.
53) He/She shall prepare the Annual Report and accounts of the Unit by the 2nd week of February and forward the same to the General Secretary. 54) He/She shall prepare the budget estimate for the Unit.
55) He/She shall convene meetings of the Unit Committee and General Body of the Unit.
56) He/She shall have powers to spend from the funds of the Unit subject to any bye-laws made from time to time. Functioning of the Central Working Committee
57) The Central Working Committee shall normally meet at least once in every quarter of the year in Delhi or at any place having a unit of the Association. Participating member may be represented by proxy. The meeting will be chaired by the President or Vice President or any other member in their absence.
58) On any particular resolution the resolution shall be considered carried if the majority of members in the meeting, vote for the resolution. Requisitioning of Meeting
59) The Central Working Committee meetings can be summoned by the General Secretary on the request or a demand thereto, signed by not less than five members of the Central Working Committee. 60) The Executive Committee meetings can be summoned by the General Secretary on the request or a demand thereto, signed by not less than three members of the Executive Committee.
61) The Unit Committee meetings should be held regularly or can be summoned by the Unit Secretary on the representation or a demand by not less than 1/3rd of the Unit Membership.
62) All the requisitioned meetings shall be called within fourteen days of the date of receipt of the notice for the same. Casual Vacancies
63) Casual vacancies on the Central Working Committee and Executive Committee may be filled up by the Committee concerned within two months of the date of such vacancy. Any person appointed to fill a Casual Vacancy shall continue in office only till the next election. 64) No election of the CWC shall be invalidated by the Casual Vacancy provided that the vacancies do not form half the full compliment of the Committee and that the quorum remains the same that existed when the Committee had no vacancy.
65) In the event of a vacancy, being caused in any of the offices of the Association Executives, the Officer leaving will hand-over charge to the Committee or any person authorized by the said Committee. Page 7 of 11 Quorum 66) The Quorum for Unit Committee/Central Working Committee meetings shall be 50% of the members of that Committee and in the case of a fraction the number next to that. 67) No resolution of no-confidence or censure may be taken up at any meeting unless 14 days clear notice is given to the individuals or group concerned who shall have the right to submit a reply either in person or in writing. If the reply is submitted in writing, it shall be read out at the meeting by any person whom such member or members may nominate or failing such nomination, by the Chairman, of the meeting. In the case of any no-confidence motion for consideration of the Central Working Committee such reply should be circulated to the members of the Central Working Committee and the voting procedure should be as outlined in Article 58. Proceedings at Annual Conferences or Annual General Meetings
68) The Central Working Committee shall at least once in every year convene or hold at Central place in India an Annual Conference. The notice for convening the Conference shall be communicated to all the Units/Members of the Association one month prior to the holding of the Annual Conference. 69) The Units shall on receipt of the programme for holding of an Annual Conference proceed to convene and hold the Annual General Meetings of the Units where at they shall elect the office-bearers for the ensuing year and the additional members of their Committee. The notice required for holding the Annual General Meeting of the Unit shall be 7 clear days. 70) The Office-bearers of the Units including additional members elected to their Committee and chosen at their respective Annual General Meetings of the Units shall be the delegates elect, entitled to attend the Annual Conference.
71) The Annual Conference shall have one session for Annual General Meeting of the Association, if in any year the Central Working Committee resolves that it is not possible to convene the Annual Conference, it shall proceed to convene any Annual General Meeting at the place where the Central Office is situated by giving one months clear notice directly to all Unit Members and the Units of the association from the date holding the Annual Conference or the Annual General Meeting as the case may be. A list as required in clause 4 of the Societies Registration Act of 1860 shall be filed with the Registrar Joint Stock Companies.
72) The Annual Conference shall be presided over by the President or President elect for the year. The Annual General Meetings shall be presided over by the President or in his absence the Vice-President, if within 10 minutes of the time fixed for holding the meeting both the President and Vice-President are absent then the members present shall elect Chairman of the meeting. All resolutions to be moved at Annual General Meetings shall be sponsored by the Central Working Committee.
73) The person presiding over at the Annual General Meeting can debar any member from participating in the proceedings for the remaining period of the meeting. Any member who disregards the orders of the Chairman may be suspended by the Chairman for the remaining period of the meeting.
74) The person presiding shall have the power to adjourn the meeting when orderly proceedings are not possible. 75) The quorum necessary at any Annual General Meeting shall be 20% of the members entitled to vote and in case of a fraction occurring the number next to that. If in any Annual General Meeting the quorum necessary is not present, the meeting shall stand adjourned to the same day in the next week and the members then present shall constitute the quorum for the purpose of carrying out all the business fixed for the meeting. 76) The member attending meetings shall be a person who have been admitted therein according to the rules and regulations as laid down & has paid a subscription and shall not have resigned in accordance with such rules and regulations. No person shall be entitled to vote or to be counted as a member whose subscription at the time shall have been in arrears for a period exceeding three months. Procedure on Suspension or Expulsion 77) In all cases of suspension, if the Central Working Committee decides for taking action, then the General Secretary shall communicate to the member affected a list of charges preferably in writing. The suspended individual shall be allowed 30 days in which to submit an explanation. If the Committee considers the explanation inadequate, it shall inform the members of the fact and announce such arrangement as consider fit. The decision of the Central Working Committee shall be final in these matters. Page 8 of 11 Legal Proceedings 78) a) No member of the Association who considers himself wronged by the association in any way shall institute legal proceedings against any office-bearer of the Association without furnishing to the Central Working Committee a written statement specifying clearly the causes of complaint. If the Central Working Committee considers such complaint adequate they shall make suitable amends. If not, they shall submit the case for consideration to the Central Working Committee whose decision by the majority of votes shall be final and binding. b) No legal proceedings shall be instituted against any Office-bearer of the Association by any member except by the sanction of the Central Working Committee. Cheques
79) All cheques on behalf of the Association shall be signed by the Treasurer jointly with either General Secretary or the Joint Secretary. Use of Seal 80) All instruments and documents required to be sealed with the seal of the Association shall be signed by at least three members of the Executive Committee and after such signature shall be deemed to be fully executed. Re-Admission to the Association
81) No member expelled from the Association shall be eligible for re-admission except on the recommendation of the Executive Committee and subject to the approval of the Central Working Committee. Financial Year
82) The financial year of the Association shall end on the 31st March, every year. Audits
83) Once at least in every year the accounts of the Association shall be examined and the correctness thereof shall be ascertained by one or more Auditors. The Auditors shall be elected by members of the Central Working Committee. Annual Report 84) The Annual Report of the Association and the Annual Statement of Accounts together with Balance Sheet shall be circulated to the Units. Funds 85) a) The funds of the Association consist exclusively of subscription from members and grants, if any made by the Government, and are applied only for the furtherance of the objects of the Association. b) The funds of the Association shall be allotted to the various Units by the Executive Committee from time to time and such allocation shall remain in force till it is revised. 86) The funds of the Association shall be deposited in any Scheduled Bank where an Account shall be kept in the name of the Association and this will be operated upon, by the Treasurer of the Association along with the General Secretary or Joint Secretary of the Association. The Executive Committee shall decide about the Bank where the account shall be opened. Any change of Office Bearers, supported by the relevant abstracts of the minutes of the Central Working Committee will be communicated by the General Secretary to the Bank. Indemnity of all Costs and Expenditure
87) Every member of the Committee and every officer or servant shall be indemnified by the Association against all causes, losses and expenses which any such member of the Committee, Officer or Servant may incur or become liable for reason of any contract entered into or act of deed legally done or caused or permitted by him as members of the Committee, Officer or Servant if done so in good faith in pursuance of the aims and objects of the Association. In matters of doubt and disputes, the decision of the Central Working Committee shall be final. Page 9 of 11 Alteration of Rules & Regulations 88) The alteration or amendment of the Rules and Regulations shall be made by majority vote at the Annual General Meeting or by referendum after giving prior notice of the proposed changes. 89) No alteration or amendment of the Rules & Regulations shall be brought up for final decision before an Annual General Meeting or for Referendum unless it has been considered and passed by two-third votes of the Central Working Committee of the Association. The procedure for making amendments being as follows:- a) The amendments and alterations proposed shall be circulated to all the members of the Association at least one month in advance of the final date of voting at AGM or the last date of receiving of votes in case of referendum. b) In case of referendum i. Members shall send their votes directly to Headquarter and will sign on the Referendum Sheet. ii. The letters from the members will be opened by General Secretary in the presence of the Central Working Committee and the resolutions shall be considered to be passed if voted for by 2/3rd majority of the members voted. c) In case of AGM, the Resolution shall be considered to be passed if voted by 2/3rd majority of the members present in AGM. d) Any amendment in the Constitution of the Association shall be made only after the approval of the Government. Interpretation of Rules & Regulations
90) The Central Working Committee shall be the sole authority for the interpretation of the memorandum and rules and regulations and the decision of the Central Working Committee upon question of interpretation of the memorandum and rules and regulations and the decision of the CWC upon question of interpretations shall be final and binding upon all members otherwise advised by a subsequent meeting of the General Body. Bye-Laws 91) The Central Working Committee may from time to time make, alter and repeal bye-laws in accordance with the rules and regulations. Breakdown of Constitution 92) a) If due to some reasons the Association ceases to work properly, the President or in his absence the Vice President shall have powers to make such arrangement as is necessary to continue the work of the Association on proper footing. b) In the event of the President/Vice-President failing to take such steps as would ensure continuity of the Association, any ten members, with full concurrence of the majority of all the Association members, shall assume interim charge of the Central Working Committee after giving full one month‟s notice to each of the current members of the Central Working Committee and shall take all such steps as are necessary to elect a new Executive Committee
93) The Association shall not be dissolved unless three fifths of members entitled to vote shall have expressed a wish for such dissolution by their votes delivered in person or by proxy in a general meeting convened for the purpose. Upon the passing of a resolution of dissolution the Association shall be dissolved forthwith or at such time as is laid down in the resolution all necessary steps be taken for the disposal and settlement of the property of the Association, its claims and liability in the manner the Central Working Committee shall find expedient provided that in the event of disputes arising among the Central Working Committee and the members of the Association the adjustment of its affairs shall be referred to the Court as may have jurisdiction in the manner. 94) If upon the dissolution of the Association, there remains after the satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities any property, whatsoever, the same should not be paid to or distributed amongst, the members of the Association, but shall be given or transferred to some other institution or society to be determined by the Votes of not less than three fifths of the members entitled to vote present personally or by proxy at the time of the dissolution and in default thereof by such court as may have jurisdiction in matter.
Appendix –A (Form No. 1)
Application for Membership The AIR & Doordarshan Engineers’ Association New Delhi
The General Secretary
AIR & Doordarshan Engineers‟ Association
Room Number 333 Akashvani Bhawan,
Sansad Marg New Delhi-110001
I,……………………………………….. (Name in Block Letters) am an IB(E)S Officer of …………….. batch and posted as……………………. at All India Radio/Doordarshan……………………………………. I desire to become a Member of the AIR & Doordarshan Engineers‟ Association. I have read the Articles of the Constitution of the Association and agree to abide by it. I am also enclosing the Letter of Authorization. It is therefore requested to please allow me to become a member of this Association. Date: Signature Name (in Block Letters) …………………………………… Designation ………………………………….. Date of Birth ………………………………….. Qualification ………………………………….. IRLA No (if any) ………………………………….. Unit ………………………………….. Residential Address …………………………………. Telephone No (M) …………………………………. E-mail …………………………………. Page 11 of 11 Appendix-B Letter to be submitted to the DG AIR/DD for Authorization under RSA Act, 1993 (Form No. 2) LETTER OF AUTHORIZATION To, The Director General All India Radio/Doordarshan Akashwani Bhawan/Doordarshan Bhawan Sansad Marg/Copernicus Marg New Delhi-110001
Sir, I,……………………………………………………………………………(Name & Designation) being a Member of AIR & Doordarshan Engineers’ Association hereby authorize for the deduction of monthly Subscription of Rs. 30/- (Rupees Thirty only) per month from my salary with immediate effect, for payment to the “AIR & Doordarshan Engineers‟ Association” through the Saving Bank Account of the AIR & Doordarshan Engineers‟ Association in the Main Branch of Punjab National Bank, Parliament Street, New Delhi, having A/c No. “0153000100202848”. My Salary is paid through IRLA/Station, and my IRLA No. is…………………. I also certify that I have not submitted authorization in favour of any other Association. Signature ..…………………………… Name …………………………….. Membership No…………………………. Designation …………………………….. Station ….………………………… …………………………… Telephone No……………………………… Email-id………………………………… Dated: IRLA No. …………………………… Forwarded to the DG by the General Secretary of the Association It is certified that Shri/Smt. ……………………………………………………is a member of AIR & Doordarshan Engineers’ Association. His membership Number is……………………. Signature ……………………… Dated Name….…….………………… (GENERAL SECRETARY ADEA)